Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Aussie gang

Howdy!

For this card I used the fab Aussie themed Magnolia's- how cute are they! I decided to use a couple of recycled items in it too.

I used some bottle tops instead of brads and buttons and some bottle labels instead of dollies. The colour matched perfectly with the Great Southern DP from Kaisercraft, so this made it really pop with those outback colours. Plus this is my fave beer out here!


I am entering this card in the following challenges :

Marvelous Magnolia Challenge blog - Anything goes!
Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog - Anything goes!

My DP papers were the fab Kaisercraft 'Great Southern Land' and I especially like this as the red and orange is so perfect for where I live in the Pilbara...defo red dirt country here!

I popped the beer labels behind the image, just like you would do with a doily. The caps are mounted on double sided mounting tape so they stand out. For embellishments I used green ghost leaves from WOC, some brown/cream blooms and sparkly lizard as a) we have LOADS of them and I love them and b) ties in with Edwin and his Lizard. I used some calico wooden stars and formed the Southern Cross and this is just peeking out of the left hand corner.

I coloured my images with Distress ink

Skin- Tattered Rose/ Tea Dye
Hair- Sitting Tilda (1)- Wild honey/Festive Berries
       - With Koala (2)- Antique linen/ vintage photo
      -  Edwin with Lizard (3)- Tea Dye / Vintage Photo
     - Ranger Edwin (4)-  Antique Linen/Vintage Photo

Clothes- (1)- Shaded Lilac,
              ( 2)- Ripe Persimmon
              (3)- Shabby shutter/wild honey/festive berries/stormy sky/
              (4)- Shabby Shutters/Stormy sky

Koala- Bundled sage
Lizard- Shabby Shutters
Hat- Festive berries/brushed corduroy
Stick- Vintage Photo






  











[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely card you´ve made! Thanks for joining mduc.
    Hugs LIllemor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx