Sunday, October 04, 2015

Baby Rudolph


Good evening!

Well what a weekend! Grand Final mania!!! so when the football was on I was crafting, what a surprise eh!!!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

Magnolia- Licious - Use Kraft
Midweek Magnolias- Christmas
Time for a Magnolia Challenge- Christmas challenge- Anything but a square
Craft Heaven Inspiration blog- Flowers and lace

For my card I used 'Baby Rudolph' isnt he a sweetie! love the smile on his face! I coloured the little guy with Distress Inks. I decided to make another shaker card as I really dont make that many of them.  For this I wanted Rudolph to look like he was playing in the snow, so for the snow I used Stampendous 'Shaved Ice' this stuff is AWESOME!!! Its so shiny and sparkly and ooohhh I just love it!!!

The papers are from Riddersholm Design 'Our Country Christmas' collection. Its rustic and I think its got a lovely homely feel to it.

The dies are from Go Kreate for the shape of the card, the angel wings are from Magnolia. The '25' is from a Sizzix number die. The deers acting as reindeer's are from 'Impression Obsession'. I cut two more middle and small circles and another deer, this time just the small one, and also used the Magnolia sign post die for the inside.  On the sign in mini alphas is 'Santa's Grotto'.  For the noses on the reindeer I used 3 flat back red tiny pearls and on the reindeer on the inside I used a small red rhinestone.

On the '25' I cut it from corrugated card that I had in my stash and coated it in 'Crackle accents' and left it to dry. I then added a top coat of  Distress Ink Crackle paint in 'Antique Bronze'.  I liked the corrugated card for the number as it is kinda rustic and earthy.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and on these I used some adhesive and sprinkled 'Shaved Ice' over them.  The lace which is my new fave is gorgeous tassel lace from Live and Love Crafts as is the button lace just above it.

Finally, to the top of the card instead of my usual charm I used these cool Reindeer paper clips which I bought from Stampin' Up

Hope you have a great week!


Glitter Words

























[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas card Davinia! Love baby Rudolf and all those amazing finishing touches!
    Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card lovely, he is just gorgeous, I can see why the snowflakes wouldn't have work lol! Love the little fella. Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, love all the pretty embellishments, thanks so much for joining us at Magnolialicious xo Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh he is so cute, love your card !!
    Thanks for joining us at TFMC.
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx